Last Updated: April 9, 2021
As provided in more detail below, PPUSA collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- social media providers;
- data aggregators;
- public databases;
- tracking technologies; and
- you directly
1. Personal Information PPUSA Collects
Depending on how PPUSA interacts with you, PPUSA may collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal information about you. This includes:
- Identifiers. This type of information includes your name and title. PPUSA may also collect your birth date or gender, but only when you choose to provide PPUSA with that information, such as in a product review or your account settings. Identifiers may also include:
- Contact Information. This type of information includes, your mailing address, billing address, email address, and telephone number(s).
- Account Profile Information. This type of information includes your username or similar identifier, account password, purchase/order history, and your interests provided when signing up for your account.
- Commercial Information. This type of information includes credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information.
- Correspondence Information. This type of information includes anything you may provide to PPUSA in your communications with PPUSA, such as your intended or actual use of PPUSA’s products, questions about PPUSA’s products, and records of your communications with PPUSA.
- Health Information. This type of information includes relevant health information you may provide PPUSA or any information you may provide to PPUSA regarding an adverse reaction you might have to one of PPUSA’s products.
- Marketing and Communications Information. This type of information includes your preferences in receiving marketing, promotions and sales offers from PPUSA, and photographs containing images of you where you choose to provide PPUSA with them as part of a sweepstakes or contest.
2. Information Collected from Individuals Outside the United States
PPUSA’s services are U.S. based and therefore, if you are using the services from outside the United States, including the European Union or European Economic Area, and provide PPUSA with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States using appropriate transfer mechanisms as required by applicable law. This is done either to ensure PPUSA is able to provide PPUSA’s services to you, or where not necessary for the provision of PPUSA’s services (such as in the case of providing you with marketing communications), it is done only with your consent. Please note, however, that the data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. PPUSA is, however, unable to provide PPUSA’s services without handling your personal information in the United States.
3. How PPUSA Collects Information About You
PPUSA collect information from you and about you in different ways.
- Direct Interactions. PPUSA collects most of your personal information from you directly. For example, you may give PPUSA a variety of your Identifiers, Contact Information, Account Profile Information, Commercial Information, Correspondence Information, Health Information, IEA Info, and Marketing and Communications Information when you:
- Create an account on one of PPUSA’s websites;
- Purchase products from PPUSA’s website;
- Contact PPUSA with questions or provide feedback about PPUSA’s products;
- Subscribe to PPUSA’s mailing lists or otherwise agree to receive marketing communications from PPUSA;
- Enter competitions, promotions or surveys PPUSA runs from time to time.
4. How PPUSA uses Your Information
PPUSA uses your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Contacting you. PPUSA uses personal information such as your Contact Information to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with PPUSA through links or pages provided by the services, such as the “Contact PPUSA” feature.
- Fraud and Crime Prevention and Detection. PPUSA uses your personal information, such as your Identifiers, Contact Information, and IEA Info, to help prevent and detect fraud and other crimes that might be committed using or against PPUSA’s services. PPUSA does this to both protect PPUSA’s legitimate interests in protecting PPUSA’s business assets and comply with PPUSA’s legal obligations.
- Feedback. PPUSA uses information you provide to PPUSA regarding PPUSA’s products and services to provide product feedback to PPUSA’s customers in aggregated form through the services.
- IT Security and Website Operation. PPUSA uses your personal information, such as your IEA Info, to help PPUSA protect PPUSA’s legitimate interests in troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, and protecting PPUSA’s IT systems, including this website. In connection with this, PPUSA may share your personal information with Service Providers that perform certain IT functions or services on PPUSA’s behalf including Service Providers that host PPUSA’s websites, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for PPUSA, process payments on PPUSA’s behalf, or provide certain other components of PPUSA’s websites.
Also, if you have decided to opt in for marketing purposes, PPUSA may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Email Newsletters and Promotions. PPUSA uses personal information about you, including your Contact Information, to send you PPUSA’s newsletters, information about PPUSA’s loyalty program, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news through email, where you have agreed to receive such communications. PPUSA also may use personal information about you to administer PPUSA’s promotions program.
- Surveys and Sweepstakes. PPUSA uses personal information about you, including your Identifiers and Contact Information to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, and sweepstakes, where you have agreed to this. PPUSA may sometimes use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or sweepstakes; if so, that Company will be prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose. PPUSA’s services offer publicly accessible blogs and reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from PPUSA’s blog or reviews, contact PPUSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, PPUSA may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case PPUSA will let you know if PPUSA is unable to do so and why.
Lastly, PPUSA may use information you provide to PPUSA for the following additional purposes:
- Information Sharing.
- Internal Third Parties. PPUSA is affiliated with a number of other health and wellness brands, including but not limited to AA Medical Products Limited and Pacific Pharmaceuticals Pte Ltd., all under the Pacific Group umbrella (“Affiliates”). PPUSA and its Affiliates may share your personal information among themselves for legal purposes as well as to send you promotions, sales and offers, and newsletters in which you have indicated interest. The subsidiary that collects your personal information will not share your personal information with other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have consented to the sharing of your information or you have indicated interest in receiving communications from third parties.
- External Third Parties. PPUSA will disclose your personal information for the following limited business purposes:
- Analytics. PPUSA may allow third parties to collect information in order to provide PPUSA with analytics. For instance, the services use analytics tools provided by Google to help PPUSA understand how people use the services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools.
- Transactions. It may sometimes be necessary for the advancement of PPUSA’s legitimate commercial interests to share your personal information with PPUSA’s professional advisers in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets. When PPUSA does this, PPUSA will always take measures to ensure the ongoing protection of your personal information.
- Other Uses of Information. PPUSA may also use your personal information in other circumstances, but PPUSA will explain them to you at the point of collection and, where necessary, get your permission.
5. PPUSA Provides You with Choices
You may receive marketing offers or solicitations from PPUSA through email from time to time. You can subscribe to marketing emails by emailing PPUSA at email@example.com.
If you prefer not to receive marketing emails from PPUSA, please contact PPUSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the opt-out instructions at the bottom of each marketing email. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective.
Your request to not receive marketing emails from PPUSA will not apply to messages that you request or that are not of a marketing nature. For example, PPUSA may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with PPUSA even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails.
Uploading Your Personal Information. If you have established a user account in connection with one of PPUSA’s services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that PPUSA maintains about you through your account settings or by contacting PPUSA at email@example.com. PPUSA will respond to your request within 30 days. Upon request PPUSA will provide you with information about whether PPUSA hold any of your personal information.
6. Cookies and Tracking
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the services’ features.
PPUSA uses local storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. Please note PPUSA does not currently support any browser based Do Not Track (“DNT”) settings or participate in any DNT frameworks, and PPUSA does not assign any meaning to any potential DNT track signals you may send or alter any of PPUSA’s data collection or use practices in response to such signals.
If you wish to not have your browsing information used for the purpose of serving you ads, you may opt-out by contacting PPUSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
7. Data Retention
PPUSA will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary (generally 7 years) to fulfill the purposes PPUSA collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements PPUSA is subject to, as well as to resolve disputes, and enforce PPUSA’s agreements.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that PPUSA no longer use your information to provide you services, contact PPUSA at email@example.com.
8. Information for California Residents
Your Rights. If you are a California resident, you can take advantage of the following rights:
You may request, up to two times each year, that PPUSA disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that PPUSA have collected about you in the preceding 12 months, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that PPUSA disclosed for a business purpose or that PPUSA sold about you in the preceding 12 months, the categories of third parties with whom PPUSA have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for each sale or disclosure, if applicable.
You may request that PPUSA delete any personal information that PPUSA have collected from you. Note that there are some reasons PPUSA will not be able to fully address your request, such as if PPUSA need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise PPUSA’s rights, for PPUSA’s internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
To take advantage of any of the foregoing rights, or if you have questions about your rights, please see “How to Contact PPUSA” below for how to contact us. PPUSA may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. If you exercise any of the foregoing rights, PPUSA will not discriminate against you, such as by denying you access to PPUSA’s products or restricting your access to products of certain pricing or quality. PPUSA will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless PPUSA need additional time, in which case PPUSA will let you know.
Agent Requests. Your authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf, after submission of proof of authorization in accordance with California law. PPUSA retain the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
PPUSA does not sell your personal information, including personal information of persons under 16 years of age.
9. Third Party Websites
PPUSA’s services may provide links to websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. All of these websites and applications operate independently from PPUSA, and PPUSA does not control their privacy practices. PPUSA encourages you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites and applications that you use to better understand their privacy practices.
10. How PPUSA Protect Personal Information
PPUSA maintains reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide through PPUSA’s services. In addition, PPUSA limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on PPUSA’s instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Among other safeguards, PPUSA uses transport layer security to help protect transmissions over the internet of your payment card data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while PPUSA strive to protect your personal information and privacy, PPUSA cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to PPUSA online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the internet, you can contact PPUSA using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order. If you have any questions regarding security, you can contact PPUSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Children’s Privacy
PPUSA’s services are not directed to persons under the age of 18. PPUSA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided PPUSA with such information without their consent, they should contact PPUSA via the contact details listed below. If PPUSA become aware that a child under 18 has provided PPUSA with personal information, PPUSA will delete such information from PPUSA’s files.
13. How to Contact PPUSA
Mail: Pacific Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
11380 7th Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730